Information we collect
In order to provide you with the health care services that you have requested, we need to collect and use your personal health information. If you provide incomplete or inaccurate information to us or withhold personal health information from us, we may not be able to provide you with the services you are seeking. The type of information we collect and handle normally includes:
- Identity and contact details
- Credit card details, billing information
- Information about your health and/or medical history
- Information about treatment provided to you
- Details about your current lifestyle to assist us in diagnosing and treating your condition
- Information about workshops and seminars which you have attended
- Date of birth and marital status details
Normally, we collect your personal information from you but on occasions we may obtain information about you from others, for example, next-of-kin.
We only collect information which is necessary for the provision of your health care.
Purpose of collection & use of personal information
The purpose for which we collect this information is to assist us:
- in providing you with the appropriate treatment for diagnostic purpose
- in providing you with further information about treatment options
- in providing you with information about workshops and seminars which we conduct which may be of interest to you in managing your emotional care and total wellbeing
- in seeking your opinion or comments about our products and/or services
- in carrying out billing and/or debt recovery activities
- in carrying out management, administrative quality assurance and complaint handling activities
Please note that in order to operate the website or deliver a service, we may sometimes share your personal information with our service providers.
However, we will not use your personal information for any purpose which is not related to your dealings with us or for any purpose which you would not reasonably expect us to use the information. You agree that we may use your information for marketing purposes or satisfaction surveys, unless you advise us otherwise.
We will not disclose information about you to anyone else unless the disclosure:
- is required by law; or
- is authorised by law (for example, to protect our interest or where we have a duty to the public to disclose that information); or
- has been consented to by you.
Quality & correction
At all times we strive to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time you believe the personal information that we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, you should let us know. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
If at any time you want to know what personal information you have submitted to us, you are welcome to contact us at the contact details listed below. However, where:
- the access impacts on the privacy of others;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- there are existing or anticipated legal proceedings; or
- such access can be denied under law or by a law enforcement agency
we may not be able to provide you with access to such information.
If we deny your request for access, we will let you know why.
We may also charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs associated with your request.
Storage and security of personal information
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you and protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. Your personal information is stored in both paper based and electronic formats. Our employees and data processors are obliged and trained to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Communicating with you
You agree that we may contact you at your email or other address which you provide to us in order to:
- provide you with information that may be of interest about our products and special offers and other matters which may interest you;
- send you an email newsletter.
We also offer an “opt out” mechanism, so that you may have the opportunity to decide not to receive marketing or promotional information from us at any time in the future. Upon request, we will remove you from any of our lists that may be used for communication purposes. At any time you may contact us to “opt out” of any future direct marketing activities.
Additionally on all direct marketing correspondence, the “opt out” mechanism will be made clear.
- you agree that if you submit your personal information to us, we may create a data base record about you;
- you agree that we may contact you with information about products, special offers and updates (unless you have informed us that you do not wish to receive these communications)
Links from our website
Our website may provide links to websites outside of our site. These linked sites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of those websites.
If you require more detailed information about our information handling practices or if you have any concerns about our handling of your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at:
AUSTRALIAN BUSH FLOWER ESSENCES
45 Booralie Road
Terrey Hills NSW 2084
Phone: +61 2 9450 1388
Fax: +61 2 9450 2866
We will endeavour to respond to your concerns as quickly as possible.