The theme for our September 2016 issue of The Essence newsletter was Men.
Ian listed his top 14 essences to assist men and asked members for their contributions on what they thought should go into a Mens Essence and why.
Here they are:
Suggestion 1 for a Men’s Essence:
Leanne Williamson suggested the following:
- Red Helmet Orchid – for that connection to either father/son/authority figure. Often so much is left unsaid – letting go of the lack of communication that may have occurred in the past
- Bush Gardenia – to allow for communication to occur; to not just repeat the same set of behaviours we need to be able to express them, whether it is talking about them or writing them all in a diary
- Flannel Flower – for healthy boundaries, intimacy and being able to talk about feelings
- Bluebell – to realise what it is you are feeling, rather than just thinking I feel terrible
- Little Flannel Flower – to be able to retain a sense of fun, because if you are going to give an essence that might bring some things to the surface, a bit of balance to see the lighter side is definitely needed
- Gymea Lily – because no matter whether you are the oppressed or the oppressor this helps to balance that
Suggestion 2 for a Men’s Essence:
Maria Sukalic from South Australia sent in two suggestions:
- Little Flannel Flower – to help express thoughts
- Red Helmet Orchid – To heal emotional hurts both past and present
- Bluebell – For verbalising feelings and to help men with no number 5 in their birthdate
- Yellow Cowslip Orchid – to balance the psyche
- Sturt Desert Pea – for letting go of past hurts and releasing the grief in a positive way
- Mountain Devil – for respectfulness in relationships.
- Kangaroo Paw – for consideration towards others and appropriate behaviours in social situations
For Maria’s second combination, she suggested:
- Little Flannel Flower – to be happy and have fun
- Tall Yellow Top – for being part of the community and valued
- Wisteria – for respect in intimate relationships
- Black-Eyed Susan – for everying in it’s own time
- Illawarra Flame Tree – for the confidence to take on responsibility
- Gymea Lily – for respect and consideration for others
- Crowea – for balancing and to be clear
Suggestion 3 for a Men’s Essence:
Marianna Georgiou of NSW thought that Boab could be included in a Men’s Essence especially if the older generation were immigrants and still influenced by the ways of the ‘old country’.
Thanks for your contributions! If you have any ideas, suggestions or comments, leave them as a comment below.